More of the same. Not really going to review the game because if you saw any league match in July you saw this game.
My key to the game was the Rapids figuring out how to win. Not yet.
- The first Sounders goal we just got beat on. It was a corner kick and Johnson did a good job of getting his man (Wynne it looks like) caught in traffic so EJ could have a free header. Sometimes the other team just runs their plan better than you do.
- The second Sounders goal though was a defensive cluster, again. Despite having 5 men in the box (the whole back line + Larentowicz) against 4 attackers Johnson was unmarked to make the cross and Alonso was unmarked to take the shot. How the hell does something like that happen?
- That whole sequence started on an admittedly less-than-stellar back pass from Casey, but Larentowicz sat flat footed and watched it roll by without making an attempt to corral it.
- Nice work by Moor on the Rapids goal. Good job cleaning up on the back post.
- Cummings is really struggling to make an impact. something is not clicking with him.
- Casey ad 1 golden chance and a couple of difficult but good chances to tie the game. I can't fault him for not finishing the two headers, but the week strike to try to get it over the keeper has to be better.
- Rivero's free kicks are good (hit the crossbar on one of them) but his corner kicks are not. Somebody else should be taking those.
- One of these days Pickens will get his team-record setting win, right?
- 6 losses in a row ties a team record. Maybe we can avoid setting a new one against FSL next week.
- Sadly, this was the best we've looked all month and we still lost.
Player Of The Game: Brian Mullan. He's become the Energizer bunny of the team.