Thursday, September 1, 2022

On To 2023

I could go into detail about what went wrong this game, what our mathematical chances are in 2022, and what we need to look for on Sunday, but we've all seen it before.  This is the same Rapids that have been falling down since midseason, and there's no indication that's going to change.  I'm just going to put out these two stats.

In a make or break week for our playoff chances, we've been outscored 10-1 in two games

In a game last night that we absolutely had to win to have a playoff shot, our xG didn't go above 0.0 until the 85th minute, finishing at 0.4.

Quite simply this team doesn't have the talent or drive to compete any more this year.  Its questionable if it ever did.

I've got some travel and work commitments coming up, and this team isn't giving me any reason to go out of my way to keep to my normal game preview/review schedule.  That doesn't mean I'm going quiet for the rest of the year, just that you may see smaller posts and I may skip some.  Once we're officially eliminated and the year ends I'll be back with my normal wrap-ups and roster analysis as me move on to 2023.


No comments: