Thursday, September 21, 2023

If I Ever Lose My Faith In You

So while sitting at Red Rocks waiting for the start of the Sting concert I was able to stream the first 20 minutes of the Rapids game across town.  I was planning to watch the rest today, but every review I saw of the game told me it wasn't worth it.  Seems like the team didn't show up to play until the last 20 minutes, at which point it was once again too late.  I have certainly lost my faith in this team.

I did watch the goals and saw a team that had checked out on both of Seattle's.  Just no attempt to help teammates, mark anyone, or really care at all.  Full credit to Bassett for continuing to show that somebody cares.  His follow-up run into the box for his goal was a classic Bassett '21 move.  It certainly seems like the coaching change has impacted him positively.

Otherwise just another game where it becomes clear that we're not good enough.  At least with the goal we only need 3 more to tie, and 4 to avoid, setting the record for the worst offensive performance in league history.  And technically we're still not eliminated from the playoffs somehow, though it would require winning out, making up goal differential, and getting a lot of help.  So we'll almost certainly be officially eliminated on Saturday.  The best option though is the combination of results that would cause the last 7 teams in the West (including the Rapids) to end up tied at 40 points.  Two would make the playoffs and one would end up in last place.  With the lack of anything else to root for, that's what I want to see.

No comments: