Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Wait, We're Still Doing This?

Well even though our season is over apparently we have to play out the string. :D  Tomorrow night is the makeup from June's rained out game against Vancouver.  Since that night was scheduled to be Pride Night apparently the Rapids are doing Pride Night tomorrow night.  A little odd, but I appreciate them not skipping it.  Kickoff is at 7:30pm.  Alas I have a work dinner and can't make it.

We don't have an updated injury list so I'm going to hope Navarro is back for this one.  Otherwise I expect the same group we've seen (Gersbach & Yarbrough, plus Max) to be unavailable.

Yeah, this preview is pretty weak, but with nothing to play for and no update on availability there's not much to preview.  The sooner this season ends the better.

Prediction: 1-1 draw, goal by Bassett.  I'm feeling optimistic and predicting we get the goal we need to die 2013 DC United's worse 34 game goal total and a point.  I have a feeling Vancouver is not looking forward to a mid-week trip to Commerce City at this point in the season.  We get a sneaky draw, but that's all.

No comments: