Friday, March 8, 2019

Colorado Looks For 3 Points In My Hometown On My Birthday


March 9th, 197something this long-winded blogger was born on the hill roughly overlooking where the Kingdome was being built and later on torn down and replaced with Century Link Field.  40something years and ~12 hours later the Rapids will face the Sounders on that field tomorrow night (likely with a couple of my extended family members in attendance).  Seattle has probably been our worst place to play, with only two wins in our history.  Its not going to be any easier tomorrow with our injury report.  Kickoff is at 8pm on Altitude, watch parties at the Celtic, Blue Spruce (South), and Frolic (North).

Injury Report:
OUT: D Kortne Ford, D Kofi Opare
QUESTIONABLE: D Tommy Smith, M Sam Nicholson

Discipline:
SUSPENDED: D Axel Sjoberg

Still down 4 defenders, all of which are center backs.  I doubt we see Smith or Nicholson tomorrow, especially with the turf.  My prediction:


I could see a Serna/Vines or Price/Bassett swap but otherwise that's pretty much what we're going to look like, with whichever one of each of those pairs and Shinyashiki being the most likely subs.

Prediction: 2-1 loss, goal by Kamara.  We looked good last week despite the red card and the elements, but so did Seattle.  On the road with a weak defense I don't have high hopes for a result.  If we can continue to show the improvement we showed last week I'll be pretty happy.  Who knows, maybe being that close to my birthplace on my birthday will give them a little positive karma.  :D

No comments: