Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Prediction Recap 2020

As always at the end of the season its time for me to own up to my predictions and see how I did.  Even with the craziness of 2020, I still have to take my medicine.

  • Rapids finish in 5th or 6th, but lose their first playoff game on the road

Ding, ding, ding, nailed it.  5th place finish, loss to Minnesota in our first playoff game, in Minnesota.

  • Colorado looks like they re finally taking the USOC seriously, but don't make a deep run

I'm taking a N/A on this one, since the USOC didn't get played this year due to COVID

  • We bring the Rocky Mountain Cup home

We pulled this off.  I can't say I saw a 3 goal deficit being overcome by a 5 goal win on the road, but we did get it back

  • Kamara fades at the end of the season but still finishes with the Golden Boot

Well I missed on this, though not as badly as you would think.  Kei had 3 goals, our co-Golden Boots had 5

  • Namli is the team MVP

Close, I think he was second.  Bassett was the MVP though

  • Vines is the defensive player of the year

Yep

  • The Rapids make an unexpected major move in the summer window, either a notable player leaves or a significant signing (or both)

I'd call trading away last year's Golden Boot counts

  • Galvan arrives in the summer and doesn't contribute immediately but shows why we invested in him with promise for 2021 and beyond

I'm calling this correct.  While Galvan did have a couple of good appearances he's not a starter.  But he toes have talent

  • Yarborough is signed after his loan and is expected to be the starter going into 2021

This is incomplete so far, but the Denver Post reported yesterday that we are pursuing buying him

  • Nicholson doesn't finish the season in Colorado

Told ya ;)

  • At least one Rapids home game is played behind closed doors or postponed due to coronavirus

The only miss here is that I significantly underestimated the impact of COVID-19.  When I wrote this on March 6th Colorado had just confirmed its 8th case and the country had a total of 282 cases.  At that time I was still thinking that things were going to get bad but maybe not to the point of full life disruption.  If only we knew what was coming.

11 predictions.  7 right, 2 wrong, 1 incomplete, and 1 N/A.  That's notably better than I normally do. 

1 comment:

SccrDon said...

Ya done good.

I appreciate it when folks go back to their predictions and honestly review them. Learning opportunity.