Friday, March 6, 2020

So I'm Still Here

Is anyone else?  A family medical emergency meant I've been away over the last week and a half or so which explains the lack of posting.  But I'm just wondering if anyone is still reading at this point.  Leave me a note in the comments if you are, otherwise I may just close this down.

Until then though, some predictions for the season:


  • Rapids finish in 5th or 6th, but lose their first playoff game on the road
  • Colorado looks like they re finally taking the USOC seriously, but don't make a deep run
  • We bring the Rocky Mountain Cup home
  • Kamara fades at the end of the season but still finishes with the Golden Boot
  • Namli is the team MVP
  • Vines is the defensive player of the year
  • The Rapids make an unexpected major move in the summer window, either a notable player leaves or a significant signing (or both)
  • Galvan arrives in the summer and doesn't contribute immediately but shows why we invested in him with promise for 2021 and beyond
  • Yarborough is signed after his loan and is expected to be the starter going into 2021
  • Nicholson doesn't finish the season in Colorado
  • At least one Rapids home game is played behind closed doors or postponed due to coronavirus
As for tomorrow's home opener, 2-1 Colorado.  Goals by Kamara and Shinyashiki.

14 comments:

Matthew R. Perry said...

No Nicholson? Why so?

JS said...

Hope you continue to write.

Jason Maxwell said...

Nicholson seems the most expendable of our multitude of wingers. Spent more to get Lewis, Shinyashiki, Benezet, and Galvan than Nicholson.

Quinn said...

I read your stuff and you have good insight. If want to keep writing, do it. If not, don't. If you do anything Rapids related it should be because you *want* to do it, not because you feel you *have* to do it. Don't get burned out because it feels like a job.

Now for my hot take; I think Namli will actually be a disappointment.

SuperMax said...

I still check your blog. You have good sources and your analysis is pretty good too. I agree with Quinn. You do this for free, if you enjoy doing it, I will read it. If don't have time, don't feel like it, etc., don't do it. It shouldn't be a chore.

Go Pids!!!

Unknown said...

I will fucking kill for some Maxwell insight. It's a rare form of narcotics that goes straight into my veins

Unknown said...

I always click on your links from Bigsoccer. Thanks for your knowledge and insights. I'm really excited about the current direction of the team.

Unknown said...

Love reading your blogs. I would encourage you to keep at it, although not if it isn't enjoyable. Happy to round up some guest posters if you need a little extra help....

Andy said...

Hey Jason, Andrew Foster here. Just reminding you of the massive gap in media coverage for the Rapids. We as fans, have a unique obligation to provide coverage for our Mile High treasure. Your opinions on the Rapids are among the most constructive and thoughtful of any of us in the community, and these predictions absolutely demonstrate that. Nicholson gone before seasons end? yeah, add Rubio to that list. seems possible! Cheers pal, these are great!

Anonymous said...

Your posts don't fall on deaf ears

Anonymous said...

Agree, your posts are read.

Anonymous said...

We might not always agree on things but at least I know you have seen the Rapids play unlike every other soccer writer in this country. Your call, but I always click your link in Big Soccer and see what you have to say.

idiovoyager said...

I still read every post. I appreciate the level headed takes and the commitment to accuracy. You also provide a perspective that is rare among the hot take fly by night coverage that this team gets. There are other good writers but the tend to come and go. It can be fusturating to keep reading about the ancient history of 2016 without reference to or knowledge of anything that came before.

Anonymous said...

I read your blog. Please continue!!