For the first time since April 18th a Colorado game had a winner. For the first time since July 25th 2014 a Colorado game at the Dick ended with Colorado winning! The Rapids continued their streak of only scoring once for a 6th straight game but for the first time since the 4-0 win in Dallas the defense kept a clean sheet for the second win of the season.
- Sick assist by Torres. Just flicked up up and waited for Pittinari to finish. Got to be goal of the week.
- Great to get a look at Solignac and Doyle. Solignac almost had a second goal before it was stopped by probably another Save of the Week.
- I also liked how neither one of them shied from the physical nature of the league. hey both were willing to stand their ground and take (and give) shoulder charges as needed.
- Vancouver fans are complaining about the lack of a call for the challenge on Koffie that started the goal sequence. While one could have been called it could have just as easily not been called. There's not much to complain about.
- now on the waved off Vancouver goal I think the fans have a point. I've watched multiple replays from multiple angles and I don't see what the ref called. Something happened in the wall as everyone went down like dominoes but I saw nothing that stood out as a foul. The CR did warn Vancouver right before the restart so he might have known something was coming and seen it but I'm still confused.
- However he did the sequence right as he didn't call the foul until after the kick was taken so if there was a foul the correct restart (a Rapids free kick) was applied.
- Other than the assist Powers and Torres had quiet nights. It felt like Vancouver decided they were going to shut those two down with heavy pressure and force the game to go elsewhere. It didn't work, and hopefully that strategy is less useful going forward with Doyle and Solignac being threats.
- Ramirez had less dribbles into dead ends which is a good sign.
- Sjoberg is a beast. His clean collision in the 14th minute just showed his size difference. Rosales was trying to remember why he's playing this game while Axel just shrugged it off. He has to be a Rookie of the Year candidate at this point.
- Harrington not starting was interesting. Maybe a knock in warm-ups?
- O'Neill and Serna didn't make the 18 and today we found out they got called up for the Toulon U-23 tournament later this week. Maybe Pablo knows we won't have them much this year (between Toulon and Olympic qualifying) and is trying to find an 18 that doesn't rely on them?
- Seeing Drew Moor immediately look at 108 to celebrate at the final whistle was great. He knows how mush this streak took out of the fans.