Thursday, March 12, 2020

MLS Suspended For 30 Days

As expected, MLS today announced the league will be suspended for 30 days due to the COVID-19 pandemic.  Along with that the U.S. Open Cup has been put on hold as has the CONCACAF Champions League.  The USL has also shut down and I assume the Canadian competitions have as well, though I haven't seen specific announcements from those leagues.

Honestly, I think 30 days is optimistic.  I've been following this virus for a while and how long its taken countries to get through outbreaks and I think 60 days is probably the best we can hope for.  China really starting fighting this in earl/mid-January and they're only really starting to think they're on the down slope now.  Hopefully we can ramp up faster than that but I have my doubts.

Stay home, wash your hands, and take care of yourselves.

No comments: