Friday, August 5, 2022

Duck Hunt


Yeah, I stole that title idea from the Rapids Twitter post.  What can I say, it was good!  Colorado is back home tomorrow night facing the Loons from Minnesota.  United comes into this game very week, with 3 significant players on suspension for yellow cared accumulation and another handful out with injury.  The Rapids are hoping to ride their high off the crazy comeback on Tuesday night.  New signing Felipe Gutierrez will be available for this one, though I don't expect him to start.  kickoff is at the normal 7pm for home games, and we have 11 games left on the Altitude blackout.

Injury Report: 
OUT: M Ollie Larraz
QUESTIONABLE: M Jack Price

Disciplinary Report:
ONE CAUTION FROM SUSPENSION: D Lucas Esteves, M Bryan Acosta

I've seen an unconfirmed report that Price is still a week or two out, so I'm not expecting to see him tomorrow night.  Otherwise everyone is available.


Even though Lalas had a horrible night on Tuesday I expect him to start.  I really, I mean really, hope that Fraser learned his lesson about the 5 man backline and goes back to this 4-1-4-1 formation.  With next week off since nobody made the All-Star roster and back-to-back home games so there's no travel, I don't think Fraser is going to be too worried about rotating the lineup from Tuesday night.

Prediction: 2-1 win, goals by Rubio and Zardes.  Minnesota is weakened and on the road, though more rested than us.  We're coming off a high and I think we ride it to 3 points.  A draw wouldn't shock me though.

No comments: