Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Loony To Keep Watching This Team


I don't know why I keep watching this team at this point, but here we are.  We're off to Minnesota tomorrow night to play a team sitting right on the playoff line.  If I thought we had any shot at making the playoffs I'd call this a 6 pointer, but we don't so its really about can we avoid records for futility this season by picking up points and/or goals.  Also I have a sneaking suspicion that if we don't get a result here or in Utah on Saturday night a coaching change my be in the works, especially if we look as bad as we did last Wednesday against LAFC.  Kickoff tomorrow is at 6:30 on Apple TV.

Availability Report:
OUT: GK William Yarbrough (knee surgery), D Alex Gersbach (tendon surgery), Max (removed from team activities)
QUESTIONABLE: D Michael Edwards (lower body injury), F Diego Rubio (lower body injury)

I didn't expect to see Rubio back on the injury report but this is the 2023 Rapids so I can't say I'm surprised.  At least Bassett isn't listed anymore.


At this point we should really just be playing the youth for next year, but Fraser may be managing for his job and certainly the organization is still acting like they have a playoff shot (that will likely end this week).  So I'm expecting a pretty similar XI to what we saw in LA, despite the mess that it was.

Prediction: 2-0 loss.  Both teams have equal defenses but our offense is much, much worse.  I'm not expecting a goal and I expect us to give up at least one.  Our inability to be threatening will allow Minnesota to get a second.

No comments: