We're off to the far side of Missouri to get a sneak peak at our U.S. Open Cup semi opponents in September as the Rapids play St. Louis tomorrow night. StL came into the Dick back in May and stole a 1-0 win on a goal both Holding and Herrington would want back. The Rapids need to figure out if they can fix their offense, the last time we put a crooked number on the scoreboard it was on the fully working scoreboard at Empower Field. Kickoff tomorrow is at 6:30 MT.
Player Availability:
OUT: GK Zach Steffen (shoulder), D Jackson Travis (ankle), M Ted Ku-DiPietro (shoulder), F Mamadou Billo Diop (knee)
No change on the injury front, but we get Miguel Navarro and Wayne Fredrick back from suspension. Fredrick signed a new contract extension today, taking him through the 2029-2030 season with a club option for an additional season. We'll have to wait until the salary drop in September to know what kind of raise he got.
I'm not sure who will get the start on the wings, but otherwise I feel good about this lineup. Other than Herrington everyone gets a week off after this, so going back-to-back shouldn't be a problem for anyone. I think Williams gets rewarded with another start and Herrington cycles in for Holding. Wells had a lot of good things to say about Kosi Wednesday night so I see him starting again too.
Prediction: 1-1 draw, goal by Rafa. I can't predict the Rapids getting more than 1 until they prove they can. Meanwhile St. Louis improve during the break and I can't see them being shut out at home. Our defense is strong enough to keep them from running us over, but I don't see 3 points coming.


No comments:
Post a Comment