Yeah, I started out 0-5 before I nailed the USOC prediction. We did win one game before getting eliminated.
- Rapids finish with points in the low-40s and in 8th place in the West
- The Rapids get less than 12 points in their first 9 games, leading to Pablo's removal as head coach sometime in that stretch.
- Spencer takes over and rides the "new coach" bounce to a win over FSL in game 10
- Colorado pulls an upset in the third Rocky Mountain Cup game in Sandy and retain the Cup for their first back-to-back RMC wins since '05-'06.
- Pablo stays with the organization in another capacity (Academy?)
- We win a USOC game, maybe two, but bow out before the competition gets really interesting
- Howard shows up in July and immediately becomes the best keeper in MLS but its not what the team needs to make a playoff push
- Gashi scores 11 to become team MVP and Golden Boot winner
- Ramirez never returns to Colorado
- The Rapids make one more notable signing (name player, not necessarily DP) this season
- Spencer retains coaching position into 2017 even though results after taking over for Pablo don't really deserve it
- Bravo keeps his job into next year
Howard was arguably the best keeper in MLS but we didn't need him for a playoff push. I'm taking half a point.
Gashi was the Golden Boot winner and 9 is close enough to 11 to count it as accurate. He however was not team MVP so half a point.
Ramirez never returned, I got that right.
This prediction was before the Jones signing so I got that one.
Spencer never took over, miss.
Bravo still has his job, count it.
5 of 12 total overall. Ugh. At least almost all of them I missed because the Rapids were much better than I predicted. That's the way I like to be wrong.