Monday, July 3, 2023

Celebrating My 25th Anniversary Tomorrow


Also, there's a Rapids game.  You pick which one seems like a better thing to celebrate.  The Timbers are in town for, at least at this moment in the standings, the Rapids last home game this season against a team outside the playoffs.  If we can't get a win tomorrow its hard to see where else we get a win this season.  We have two road games against non-playoff teams (not 3 like I thought yesterday), in Minnesota and Portland, and Vancouver and Austin, who are just barely in the playoffs, still come to Commerce City but tomorrow seems like the best option.  Of course, weather is in the forecast so I figure its 50/50 if the game even gets played.  Kickoff for those of you going is at the normal 7:30pm, I'll be celebrating with my wife instead.  Somehow she's put up with me this long, I'm not sure why.  :D

Availability Report:
OUT: D Moise Bombito (Team Canada), D Alex Gersbach (lower body injury), M Bryan Acosta (Team Honduras), M Max (unavailable)
QUESTIONABLE: M Jonathan Lewis (lower body injury), M Ralph Priso (lower body injury), F Diego Rubio (upper body injury)

This is the same availability report as Saturday's as no new information has come out.  Acosta came in as a sub last night as Honduras was eliminated from the Gold Cup despite beating Haiti.  I'm pretty sure he won't be back in Commerce City tomorrow night but he should be available on Saturday.  Bombito will be part of Canada's squad tomorrow night as they look to move on to the knock-out rounds.

Going to skip the lineup projection for this one, holiday weekend, yadda yadda, yadda.  I expect minimal rotation from what we saw on Saturday.

Prediction: 1-0 win, goal by Yapi.  The homegrown gets his first MLS goal in front of the 4th of July crowd and the Rapids pull out a much needed win.  Assuming the game gets played of course.  Yeah, this is overly optimistic, but its the last time this season I feel like I can predict a win, so I'm going for it.

No comments: