Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Rapids Look to BBQ Kansas City

Pic: Teaspoon Willie''s BBQ Sauce, available at area Whole Foods. Teaspoon Willie works with me in Software QA when he's not making his great BBQ sauce, check it out!

I'm giving you my game preview early because I have family coming into town tonight and I'm not sure of the next time I'll be able to post. I'm going to have to guess on things like the injury report and such this far out. KC comes to town having won only one game since April 10th, which was when they beat the Rapids 1-0. They're in a downwards spiral and Colorado needs a win. The situation doesn't get much better than that. Gametime at the Dick is 7pm, with the tailgate starting at 5pm.

Estimated Injury Report:
OUT: MF Ciaran O'Brien (L hip sprain); FW Ross Schunk (R ACL tear);
DOUBTFUL: DF Julien Baudet (L knee strain)

Discipline Report:
TWO CAUTIONS FROM SUSPENSION: Conor Casey, Omar Cummings, Pablo Mastroeni

I'm guessing we won't see a significant change in the injury report this week. Baudet seems to be a ways away from being ready, and O'Brien and Schunk are likely to still be listed as out. Based on that my guess ont he leinup:

Pickens
Kimura - Wynne - Moor - Earls
Larentowicz - Pablo
Cummings - Ballouchy - Smith
Casey

I assume we'll move back to the 4-5-1 now that Ballouchy is available again. I expect the same back four as we saw in Toronto, since the one goal was a single defensive miscue by Earls and otherwise the group seemed fairly stable.

Key To Look For: A quick start. The Rapids need to put away a reeling team like KC quickly. We've done well at not giving up an early goal this season, but we haven't jumped on teams the way we need to. The Rapids need to come out and press the Wizards early, take them out of the game before they even get started.


Prediction: 2-0 win, goals by Conor Casey and Claudio Lopez. The Rapids are a better team than Kansas City right now, and being at home have the clear advantage. Casey continues his roll and Lopez seals the deal, coming off the bench with a goal against his old team.

No comments: