Friday, July 30, 2010

Rapids Try To Salve The Burn

OK, so they're FC Dallas now, but they'll always be the Burn. The Rapids are back home with a 6 game winless streak and a opponent that they like to see in the playoffs. Game time is an unusual 2pm at the Dick, so the tailgate starts at noon.

Injury Report:
OUT: MF Ciaran O'Brien (L hip sprain); FW Ross Schunk (R ACL tear);
PROBABLE: DF Julien Baudet (L knee strain), FWD Conor Casey (scalp laceration)

Discipline Report:
TWO CAUTIONS FROM SUSPENSION: Conor Casey, Omar Cummings, Pablo Mastroeni

Dallas only has two players injured and heavyweight Dario Sala suspended (again) so they're close to full strength. I'm guessing on the following lineup:

Pickens
Wynne - Baudet - Moor - Earls
Larentowicz - Pablo
Cummings - Ballouchy - Smith
Casey

I realize that's not much of a stretch. That's just the regular XI Gary Smith likes to trot out. Kimura is a possible starter, but I'm not seeing it.

Key To Look For: Can we score more than one goal? In the last ten games we've only scored more that one twice. I don't think a 1-0 win is likely, so we'll need 2 to get the 3 points we need.

Prediction: 1-1 draw, goal by Conor Casey. The Rapids are going to have to prove to me they can win again before I predict a win. I don't see anything that leads me to believe they can play a solid 90 minutes at this point.

No comments: