Thursday, December 3, 2015

Rapids Make Roster Moves

This afternoon the Front Office announced who would be returning and who's been cut from the 2015 roster for 2016.

Returning (either under contract or option picked up):
GK John Berner
GK Clint Irwin
D March Burch
D Joseph Greenspan (his primary contract is still with the U.S. Navy though)
D Marlon Hairston
D Axel Sjoberg
M Sam Cronin
M Dillon Powers
M Dillon Serna
M Juan Ramirez
M Marcelo Sarvas
M Jared Watts
F Dominque Badji
F Caleb Calvert
F Kevin Doyle
F Luis Solignac

Negotiating for a new contract:
D Drew Moor
D Sean St. Ledger

Cut (either out of contract or option not picked up):
GK Zak MacMath (loan expired)
D Bobby Burling
D Maynor Figueroa
D Michael Harrington
D James Riley
M Carlos Alvarez
M Nick LaBrocca
M Lucas Pittinari (loan expired)
M Vicente Sanchez
F Charles Eloundou
F Gabriel Torres

Alvarez, Sanchez, and Torres will be in the re-entry drafts over the next couple of weeks.  Moor could also be in the drafts if he doesn't come to an agreement with the club.  I've heard a rumor that he might be wanting to test the waters to see if there's more money out there but the fact that he's listed as negotiating with the club is probably a good sign that he's open to staying in Colorado.

Overall these look like pretty solid moves IF they get Moor back under contract.  Losing him, especially if we get nothing out of it, would be a significant blow.  Other than that I don't see a whole lot of future in the player's were letting go.  If you go back a month to my Roster Review you'll see that I listed 6 players that should be let go, all 6 of them were released today.  I had Eloundou and Figueroa on my keep list, I've always personally liked Eloundou but I realize I'm a minority in that opinion.  Figueroa was a keeper based on keeping his salary around the $100K he was listed under last year, if his option had a significant escalation I can understand not retaining him.  I also had Moor and St. Ledger as keepers.  Everyone else was in a middle ground of "good enough but we should look to do better" and I'm glad we're apparently trying to do that.

No comments: