Monday, March 2, 2009

New Jerseys and a Rapids Link to a QoS Rival

I'll have the weekly roundup tomorrow, but there was some news from the Rapids today that takes priority. The long-rumored, sometimes-leaked, 2009 jerseys were unveiled today (see picture). The big change is the removal of the wordmarks from the front of the jerseys, leaving them plain with the badge. This might be a precursor to a jersey sponsor, or it may just be the Rapids going minimalist this time around. Other changes include adding an American flag to the left sleeve (a league-wide change this year), a shortening of the Adidas 3-stripes on the shoulders, and '5280' has been added to the back just below the neckline, where in the past the team logo has appeared.

I'm waiting to see if the Rapids are going to sell replicas with names and numbers on them before I decide which version to buy, but I'm leaning towards the long-sleeved home version for those colder nights at the beginning and end of the season. I'll stick with my 2007 short-sleeved home jersey for the summer games. The jerseys are available for pre-order on the Altitude Athletics website.

Also in today's news John Murphy has taken the position of Goalkeeping Coach with Scottish First Division side Livingston FC. Livingston is 5th in the 1st Division, 2 points ahead of Queen of the South. This won't make me root for Livingston, in fact I'll probably root harder for QoS when they play Livingston. ;)

No comments: