Thursday, January 13, 2011

2011 SuperDraft


I'll do what I can to keep the this entry updated with any Rapids-related draft news, as my job allows. At the moment I'm waiting for the developers to fix the build so I can actually log into the product so I have some time. ;) The Rapids pick 18th and 36th, barring trades.

With the #18 pick the Rapids selected Eddie Ababio










He's a defender out of North Carolina that plays right back and center back.

Defender was an obvious choice for the Rapids, but I'm a little surprised they didn't go with the last remaining Generation Adidas player, Michael Tetteh, who's a defender. He wouldn't have counted towards the cap. Seattle took him 2 picks later. Ababio seems like a stretch based on the reports and the mock drafts out there. John Rooney (Wayne's brother) was also still available, and that would have generated some PR. Still the coaches have actually seen these guys play and I'm just going off some stuff I've read, so I'll trust they've made the right choice.

With their second (and final) pick the Rapids take Colin Givens.










Givens is a defender out of Michigan State. Colorado was obviously focusing on defensive depth in this draft.

Barring a trade in the 3rd round the Rapids (and me) are done for the day. They'll have a 2nd and 3rd round pick in next week's Supplemental Draft.

No comments: