Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Scarf of the Month

All quiet on the field so I thought I'd point out this new off-field promo.  The Rapids are doing a Scarf of the Month promo this year.  Each month of the season there will be a new scarf design for sale.  Each scarf will sell for $25, but you can pre-order the first 4 for $70 until Sunday, a 30% savings.  There will be either 8 or 9 scarves (depending if they make one for November, which usually only has playoffs) so it will cost you between $170 (8 scarves with pre-order) and $225 (9 scarves with no pre-order) to get them all.  My reactions to the first 4:

March - Would have been better as a true old-school Rapids green scarf with an original logo.
April - Best of the bunch, the Colorado flag looks good.
May - Meh, and I'm not real fond of the One Club motto
June - Too similar to last year's Class VI scarf

Between the cost, meh designs, and lack of display room (I've already got 22 scarves hanging on my walls plus the one I wear to games) I'll pass on collecting everyone and just pick up the April one separately.  If you're into scarf collecting though this might be a good deal for you.

No comments: