Saturday, March 16, 2013

I'm Not Dead Yet!


My wife went to Walt Disney World and all I got was this lousy cold bug she brought back.  Started knocking me out on Monday afternoon, completely laid me flat through Thursday, and yesterday I managed to put together 8 hours of actual work so my projects for the people who pay me didn't fall too far behind.  So that's why this blog has been dead since this time last week when the game was rescheduled.  so a quick review of last week and a quick preview of tonight's game.

Last week:
Again no offensive spark in the final third, again a goal keeping blunder cost us a goal.  Jamie Smith, brought on at halftime, was clearly the MOTM.  With him in there the team actually dangerous from time to time, and of course Jamie got the first Rapids goal of the season off a great first-time shot.  Powers, who was MOTM in the first game, was benched at half for Jamie, suffering the typical up and down of a rookie starter.  The second Philly goal started when Hendry Thomas tried to step up and stop the Union advance, missed, and fell down, which created a hole in the defense that Calderon stepped into, but the Union played the ball into the hole that created and it was all over.

This week:

Not much more needs to be said.  FSL doesn't look as strong as they have in past years and we have 2 of the 3 RMC matches at home this year.  Today is the one game in Utah.  Go get it back guys.  Rivero and Castrillon are still out, while Pickens, Buddle, and Pablo are questionable.  Former Rapids Borchers and Wingert are out for FSL, along with Morales, and Mansally is suspended for headbutting Kitchen last week.  Both teams will be playing with less than their starting lineups.

Prediction: 1-1 draw, goal by Brown.  This is nothing but hopeful optimism as Salt Lake should win this game.  But I can't bring myself to credit those punks with a win:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A generous prediction for the Rapids. I too think a tie is possible but did not know Pickens was questionable. Given that, I have to give the win to SL by 1 or 2 goals. Unfortunate, but likely.