From my preview:
0-0 draw. This seems optimistic with that back line but given the lack of offensive options on LA this could be an ugly game where neither team gets close to scoring. Maybe Pappa, Doyle, and MacMath are enough to eek out a 1-0 win but I don't expect it.That's how it played out. Lots of back and forth in midfield but not a ton of good looks at goal on either end. The few that did get through were cleaned up by the keepers.
- Quality point on the road. Undermanned and short handed there's nothing to complain about this result.
- Consider about 20 months ago we were in LA getting embarrassed at the wrong end of a 6-0 hammering. This team has come a long way from there.
- The backline stepped up in this one. Missing 3 normal starters they managed to keep LA off the board and they really only got one or two good looks.
- In particular Miller looked really good coming back from injury. Though he should have handled that free kick cross on the other end better. ;)
- Azira has been the unsung hero of this season so far. Best overlooked pickup in the league this year?
- We see why Hairston was being moved to defense. God instincts, no shot.
- Powers, ugh. At this point he's dropped off a cliff and now has feet of stone near to Conor Casey's. It might be time to move on (more on that in a couple of days).
- Now we've set the team record at 11 in a row undefeated (I was off a game last week).
- We made it through Pappa's injury and the callups of Jones and Gashi without losing. Impressive. Most impressive.
- The Bodmer line is now at a laughably low .83 pts/game.
- We're off of league play until the 4th of July game and Tim Howard's debut. We do have a trip to Dallas for the Round of 16 USOC match next Wednesday though.
Man of the Match: Zac MacMath. He came up big on what will probably be his last league game for a while. Solid game by almost everyone but MacMath gets the nod for the 6th shutout of the season.