Saturday, August 2, 2008

Everton vs. Colorado

Well its the big international matchup of the season, Everton FC vs. our Colorado Rapids. Since this is a friendly I'm not going to do a full game preview, but I at least wanted to mention it.

I'm really looking forward to the match. This will be my first time seeing an EPL team live, and even with Everton only having 16 or so healthy players I expect an entertaining game. Of course the big star for us US Nats fans is the starter in the nets for both Everton and the U.S. National Team, Tim Howard. I expect that he may be back at The Dick in November when the U.S. plays Guatemala in the final game of the semi-final qualifying round for World Cup 2010.

I also hope to take some time to watch the game from other parts of the stadium. I've been so focused on all the league games that I've gone to that I've just been happy in my seat in 108 watching the game. Heck, I haven't even gotten into the Cantina or Team Store yet! I'm going to go out of my way to spend some time watching the game from other vantage points.

The game is at 6pm tomorrow and as of this afternoon there were still plenty of tickets left. If you're still trying to decide if you want to come (Chad, I'm looking at you) come on out. Tailgating starts at 3pm in Lot AA.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excuses? No more! I will be at Dick's by 11am on Saturday, ticket in hand. Down with Canadians.