Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Valentino heading to Norway

As I mentioned in my training camp post we have 5 roster DEV players and only 4 slots. Well we seem to be taking steps to deal with that. The Rapids have announced that Rob Valentino is on loan to Norwegian Second Division side Lov-Ham Football. Early rumors had him on trial there, not loan, so I'm guessing this is a first step to possibly getting a contract there. The length of the loan is unknown, and Valentino would still count against our roster cap if its not a full-season loan (At least according to last year's rules). I'm willing to bet though that one way or another we've seen the last of Rob Valentino in 2010.

In other news:
  • The 2010 schedule will be officially released tomorrow at noon Denver time.
  • The Danny Earls signing was confirmed to me by a source in the Rapids FO

No comments: