Saturday, February 22, 2014

Home jersey leaked?

FootyHeadlines.com has been posting pictures of what they say are all the new MLS kits today, and they've gotten to the Rapids.  Here's their picture of what they report is our new kit:

Seems legit.  Many of the new jerseys have some sort of wordmark patter, some bringing over the flag 'C' from the secondary kits would make sense.  There was also a rumor that the light blue would be returning and we see that here.  5380 is reportedly still on the back below the collar, along with the stripe across the back of the shoulders which almost every Adidas kit is getting world-wide this year as part of their World Cup branding.  This also keeps the "Arsenal" white sleeves which we were told on last year kit were an intentional cross-branding.

The only change I would have made would have been to break the light blue stripes all the way down the sleeves instead of changing to burgundy midway through.  I need to take a break from kit buying (I bought one in 2007, 2010, 2011, and 2013) so I'll probably pass on this one only for financial reasons.  If I needed a new jersey I'd have no problem picking this one up.

No comments: