Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

Yes, I'm still alive. Sorry things went quiet last month. With no Rapids news and working 10 hour days a majority of a time, not to mention the in-laws visiting for the holidays, something had to give. All that is (hopefully) behind me though, so expect to see a more regular posting schedule here. This week I'm hoping to do an update on my overseas teams as well as introduce you to the Melbourne Victory, who I've started following.

There has been one hint of Rapids news this week. Supposedly Conor Casey has agreed a new contract with the Rapids instead of pursuing interest from Germany and Turkey. This is all contingent on the union signing a new Collective Bargaining Agreement with the league. Terms have not been leaked yet, but I wouldn't be shocked if it was over 300K.

Here's to a 2010 where the Rapids lift at least two cups, the RMC and either MLS Cup or the USOC!

No comments: