A stellar defensive effort combined with enough offense to break through has put the Rapids on top of MLS with a 1-0 win. They also took control of the RMC race, now with a win or a draw in the final game in August the Cup will stay in Colorado.
- Great first 10 minutes for the Rapids. They pushed FSL early with a couple of good looks that set the tone for the game.
- Colorado really should have had a goal in the first half but they got Rimando'ed a couple of times and couldn't take advantage.
- Jones fixed that right after half though. His 3rd goal in 4 games along with 2 assists. He's on fire.
- Nice layoff by Doyle on the goal, set Jones up perfectly.
- Sjoberg had a rough game. While he cleared everything, he cleared a lot of them out of bounds under little pressure.
- Azira and Cronin did a good job breaking up most dangerous attacks. They're the reason that the makeshift (at times) back line this year has held up so well.
- Pablo really needs to use his subs. Sjoberg and Gashi were out of steam way before they came out and we left another sub unused.
- Good to see Serna getting playing time though.
- Colorado is the first team in MLS to 20 points this season and is tied with LA at 2 pts/game.
- The Bodmer Line is now at 1.125 pts/game the rest of the way.
- Can't take our eyes off the ball though. As the C38 tifo said, we have to:
Man of the Match: Zac MacMath. A great bounce-back game after his blunder in Sandy last month. He came up big on a number of saves and snagged a dangerous cross out of the air late to preserve the shutout.