The first number is the base salary, the second is the 2015 guaranteed compensation. The salary cap number is usually somewhere in between. Some thoughts:
- The Rapids are 13th of the 20 teams in 2015 guaranteed compensation.
- Doyle is the 19th highest-paid player in the league.
- The top 20 salaries equal about 3.3 million against a salary cap of almost 3.5 million this year. Not included is whatever we're paying in transfer fees for Torres and Ramirez or what we're buying down with allocation money. So there's a little wiggle room but not much. We're up against the roster cap as well. Any move will pretty much require us to free up salary and roster space.
- Cronin at 200K and LaBrocca at 160K is exactly what I feared when we signed both of them. That's way too much to be paying for two of the same player.
- In fact if you add in Sarvas and Pittinari we're paying 910K for 4 defensive/holding mids. Not a smart use of our cap money.
- Irwin makes 50K less than MacMath.
- Powers got paid! He deserves it.
- I'm surprised Ramirez is only at75K. Solignac at 65K is also surprisingly low.
- For the first time maybe ever I don't look at these salaries and go "We're paying X how much?!?!?". The closest is probably Pittinari. There are some players (LaBrocca, MacMath) who are probably getting fair salaries for their talent level and experience but don't belong on our roster, but there's nobody that's just being grossly overpaid like Mwanga or Folan in the past.