Saturday, July 4, 2015

Will The Offense Find Their Fireworks?

Rapids Need To Boom Not Bust

The second half of the season starts tonight with the annual 4th of July party in Commerce City.  At least we have one of the remaining two teams we've beaten since last 4th of July as the opponent, the Whitecaps.  As always a sellout plus crowd is expected for the game and as always it won't include me as I celebrate my wedding anniversary.  Game time is 7pm with fireworks after the game.  The tailgate starts at 4 with Made-Rite sandwiches on the menu.  For those of us who won't make it Fleming and 'Celo will have the call on Altitude.

Injury Report:
OUT: D Axel Sjoberg (Knee); MF Juan Ramirez (hamstring)

Discipline:
ONE YELLOW FROM SUSPENSION: D Bobby Burling (2 games left for good behavior reduction)

International Absences:
F Gabriel Torres (Panama's Gold Cup squad)

Vancouver is down 3 players so we're  in slightly better shape.  Of course with Pablo's random lineups I have no reall idea who will start, but here's my guess:

But really, who knows.

Strategic Consideration: Score a goal, then score another.

Prediction: 1-1 draw, goal by Sarvas.  I can't predict a win for this team at this point, but I think the home crowd will be enough to avoid a loss.

No comments: